The Downward Spiral: How Weight Gain & Injury Go Hand in Hand
Being overweight causes incredible stress on the body. According to a Harvard University Medical School publication, obesity directly increases a person’s risk of getting over 50 diseases, including heart disease, stroke, diabetes, certain cancers, gout, gallstones, fibromyalgia and depression.
The International Journal of Obesity also states that being overweight causes musculoskeletal issues such as:
- Osteoarthritis of the knee, hip and hand
- Ruptured/compressed discs resulting in low back pain, poor posture and gait imbalance
- Soft Tissue problems (ex. carpal tunnel and plantar fasciitis)
- Connective tissue disorders (ex. rheumatoid arthritis)
- Sleep Apnea and related breathing problems
Obesity is defined as a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or 20% over their ideal weight. Translated simply, anyone in need of losing close to 2 stone is obese.
We at New You are experts in helping you lose weight. We do 1 to 1 personal training better than anyone in Ireland because we enable people to lose weight while changing the structure and shape of their bodies. While we safely address any structural issues you may be suffering from or diseases that you are coping with we guarantee to get you the weight loss results you deserve.